- Peel and chop the garlic into fine pieces. Mix the garlic, rosemary, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish or another nonreactive dish. This marinade will penetrate the steaks for a tender result.
- Yogurt mint marinade: mix 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped mint, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Tandoori-spiced marinade: mix 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt, 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon minced ginger, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon cumin,1 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Barbecue marinade: Mix 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup malt vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Mustard marinade: Mix 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.